Coils or dreadlocks is a very cool hairstyle for some good reasons. First of all, you won’t need to care for them, so you’re let off having to style your hair in the morning – thus it’s a winner on saving time. Second of all, you won’t have to wash your hair as often or dry it, so more time saved there as well. Besides, dreadlocks always have been such a great and appreciated hairstyle. If you have natural twist coils, then you’re one of the lucky ones, so you’re gonna be having the look you’ve desired!
If you’re up for getting your dreadlocks going, you need to know that you’ll be needing time and patience, depending on how your hair condition is. It just so happens, we found a perfect video tutorial that describes and shows you step by step, how can you get this hairstyle. Josiphia Rizardo was kind enough to share with us this video and we would like to thank her for that! For succeeding in this hairstyle, we recommend to do it if you already have coils and if not, to think twice before doing it, because there’s no turning back with the old hair. Now, are you ready to begin?
Before finding a comfortable seat, make sure you have prepared the following products:
* Argan Oil Styling Gel.
* Spray bottle filled with water.
Steps to follow:
- Start by spraying water all over the head, until wet, in order to make the hair more vulnerable and malleable.
- Apply gel over the wet hair as if you’d wash your hair and massage it until all the hair is covered.
- Section off your hair into approximately one inch squares. Take each section and twist all the hair together.
- As you twist and rub, spray with water again and mix it with the gel by using your fingers, but only in ONE DIRECTION, until they combine. Check.
- Repeat the 3rd step and check again the results.
- Roll your hair with your fingers again and don’t forget to do it just in one direction. You want to create spirals, not something messy. Check again. If you’re not happy with the results, repeat this procedure, until you get what you’ve been hoping for.
- After creating the proper coils/dreadlocks, crazily shake your head back and front and side to side (it’s not a joke – you can see it in the video tutorial).
- You’ve done it! We know it took some time, but we believe it totally worth it.
That was it, guys! We hope you enjoyed it and you found it useful. For a more clear and detailed version of what we have written above, then we invite you to click the video below – that’s where our inspiration comes from. If you dared to try this hairstyle, we can’t wait to see the results in a comment below!